A tutors main responsibility is to assist students academically in whichever subject(s) the student is seeking improvement in.
- Serve as counselor to students in the areas of academic advising, career planning, guidance and personal counseling, and referrals to appropriate university and community resources to help students attain their life and educational goals
- Monitor participants academic progress
- Assist the participants in developing and implementing academic activities to increase the retention and graduation rates
- Promote and maintain good public relations with faculty, staff, students and administrators
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and interpersonal skills
- Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students
Working Conditions and Atmosphere:
Tutors must commit to work during after-school hours and if required, some weekends. Tutors must arrange a work schedule with the school supervisor. Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills.
- Previous experience in working with educationally or economically disadvantaged would be helpful
- Enrolled in college or college degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hasana, Inc. - 2 years ago