Under the general direction of the Director, Paralympic Emerging and Talent ID Program , coordinate emerging athlete training opportunities; support logistical needs of U.S. Paralympics Sports program; manage contact and participation information collection for monthly/quarterly reporting, aid in inventory of promotional and gift items. Additionally, assist with development and implantations of 2014 Talent ID Days, developing and emerging athlete sport camps and competitions. Assist with contact and follow-up requirements with developing athletes, both military and non-military individuals, to include setting up coaching sessions and competitions. Support other U.S. Paralympics staff in composing and disseminating information, and contribute to divisional and organizational strategies and accomplishment of objectives.
- Assist with the coaching agreement content and logistical needs for Developing and Emerging Athlete training clinics and competitions.
- Compose tracking and reporting material required to support divisional activities
- Collect and catalog information on identified developing military and non-military athletes, including disability research information and competition results, news and awards.
- Assist with the inventory and dissemination of promotional/clothing items.
- Conduct sports performance research for High performance directors.
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor degree program at the junior or senior level status or enrolled in a Master degree program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook.
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic and Paralympic Movement
- Sport experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports).
- Must be eligible to work in the USA.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- Willingness to participate in the full Intern Program
- Standard Office Equipment
- Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
- Proficiency with internet search capabilities and usage telecommunications equipment, fax machine and copier.
Friendship, solidarity, and fair play are the watchwords for this sports organization. United States Olympic Committee (USOC) is the...