General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a UAV Pilot IV (Test Pilot).
- Conducts experimental and engineering flight test of company and customer aircraft.
- Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Defines, plans, organizes and executes flight programs and flight test events.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- May develop and verify procedures for use with new aircraft features and participates in the development of operational and safety procedures and training syllabus courseware.
- Conducts demonstrations and participates in operational ground and flight tests of assigned UAV(s). Represents the organization with military and commercial customers.
- Instructs and evaluates UAV student pilots in ground and flight operations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Test Pilot School (TPS) Graduate (USAF TPS, USNTPS, British Empire TPS or French TPS (EPNER).
- Possession of a 4-year engineering degree (BS) with six years of aviation experience and two or more years of UAV flight test experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of flight test planning, flight test execution, safety planning, data reduction and reporting.
- Possession of: (1) FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and ability to maintain commercial certificate and instrument currency; (2) at least five hundred (500) hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC), 1,000 UAV hours, UAV Evaluator qualification and multiple UAV aircraft qualifications (MQ-1 and/or MQ-9 and/or MQ-1C); (3) ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required; (4) excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively inerface with all levels of employees and military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; (5) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Advanced engineering degree (MS/PHD), previous USAF CTF flight test experience, FAA civil aircraft certification experience.
General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
- 2 years ago - save job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...