Provide DISN E2E Converged IP Network Services across the Global Information Grid (GIG) for effective command and control and information dominance. Support the deployment of an enterprise voice over IP (VoIP) solution for the DoD. Implement UC on the unclassified and classified Wide Area Network (WAN) that is secure, reliable, and interoperable. Provide engineering, planning, testing, and management support for the DISN migration to a UC architecture.
The work effort will support current operational performance and the evolution from the existing architecture to a future IP converged environment.
· Plan and engineer requirements and the provisioning/implementation of telecommunications networks/information systems
· Assist in transmission planning, analysis of transmission media and interfaces, developing and implementing session management, identifying leased circuit requirements, and identifying and reserving unused transmission to satisfy future session management requirements
· Design, document and support the current IP network and its related services and products
· Deliverables shall include Global UC Numbering Plan, Global UC Directory, UC Unique Identifier Allocation Report, Technical Analysis White Papers/Engineering Reports, and Technical Briefs
System Test Engineering
· Provide system engineering as required to support UC services within the DISN including the development of engineering plans and technical documents
· Evaluate and assess test tools for an IP converged network
· Create and support simulation environments and test beds in the Fort Meade Laboratory and Testing Center (FMLTC) for testing and assessment of Tier II elevated anomalies to Tier III and evaluation of next generation network equipment
· Performs analysis of AS-SIP protocol and other metrics which can assess the performance and quality of IP-based UC services
· Perform operational disruptive test and evaluation of supporting VoIP Spiral initiatives among the FMLTC, JTIC, and other certified laboratory facilities
· Provide the operational engineering support, testing, and quality assurance (QA) checks of new and existing services
· Deliverables will include, test plans and reports, technical analysis white papers/engineering reports, and technical briefs/documentation
· Knowledge and experience using Internet Protocol (IP), Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Unified Capabilities (UC) or Assured Services (AS) SIP, Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP), Quality of Service (QoS), and H.323
· Experience with designing and implementing IP networks, configuring CISCO, Avaya, Microsoft UC solutions, configuring Session and Border Controllers
· Must possess knowledge and hands-on experience in network testing
· One of the following certifications preferred: Security+, SCNP, SSCP or GSEC
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA); Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA) or higher, Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) Voice and Wireless certifications preferred
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent education is preferred, along with 5 years of hand-on industry or military UC experience
· Active Top Secret clearance is required
Cambridge International Systems Inc - 8 months ago
Cambridge International Systems, Inc. is a leader in delivering C4ISR solutions that meet the most demanding requirements for communication,...