Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
The UC4 Production Control Analyst is responsible for the design, implementation, change control and support of Costco’s UC4 Enterprise Job Scheduler to manage and monitor jobs in a large, enterprise-wide, multi-platform environment. This role is responsible for working with application and system owners across the organization to configure, schedule and enable monitoring for production batch jobs, operational tasks and application integration.
The right candidate has strong experience driving automation initiatives within a large matrix organization, including defining work in-take processes, production control policies and procedures. They are a highly motivated individual who is self-directed and enjoys providing excellent customer service.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Design, configure, support and upgrade the scheduling automation environments and job scheduler packages.
- Drive the automation of operational and batch processes within the application development and infrastructure teams, including leading user-education programs and product demos.
- Review and oversee the implementation of job scheduling requests to evaluate processing requirements and ensure business SLA’s are met.
- Drive the conversion of legacy scheduled tasks from various operational systems into UC4 Enterprise Job Scheduler.
- Set up monitoring for all automated jobs, including alerting, messaging and escalation based on application SLA’s.
- Develop key performance metrics to analyze and report on performance and resource usage in order to manage capacity planning and drive operational improvements and cost reductions.
- Maintain working knowledge of UC4 product strategies and roadmaps to support current and future automation and production control initiatives.
- Provide operational support for UC4 product, responsible for research and resolution of technical problems.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum of 5-years in production control operations with extensive experience in UC4 Automation Engine (Operations Manager or Application Manager).
- Strong experience in design, implementation and configuration of complex job scheduling and operations automation.
- Proven experience in promoting logical, robust job-scheduling standards.
- Experience working in diverse operating system environments.
- Familiarity with application development and release processes with a good understanding of batch cycles and business processes.
- Familiarity with computing infrastructures, including data security, operations, networking, operating systems and databases.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Available for 24x7x365 on-call support and work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Experience in one or more enterprise scheduling platforms such as CA Autosys, Cisco Tidal Enterprise Scheduler, BMC Control-M/EM.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Proven ability to multitask in a team environment.
- Innovative, creative, and responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent formal training and experience.
Costco Wholesale - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...