Kabam is revolutionizing the video games industry by improving how gamers access and pay for their entertainment. Based in San Francisco with offices in Austin, Beijing, Luxembourg and Vancouver, Kabam is the #1 company developing core games for mobile devices, the Web and social networks. Kabam delivers deep crafted experiences for gamers who love competition, strategy, role-playing-games and social gameplay.
Are you a creative self-starter who is passionate about games? We want to meet you!
At Kabam, small teams of artists, designers, and engineers work together to collaborate on exciting games. The UI Artist/Designer will explore and create the look and feel of the interface for one of our titles, contributing with anything from concept sketches and mock-ups to finished production-ready art for use in a game using Photoshop, Flash, and/or Illustrator.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You'll take direction from the art lead, work with producers to take finished design documentation and wireframes to a visual polish, meet with the team to talk about and show off your work, make changes as needed, and work with engineers to ensure that your work is properly implemented into the game.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Design mock-ups/iterations using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
- Create clear and attractive messaging, buttons, icons, widgets, and other UI elements which work well within tight fixed aspect ratios, and with a wide variety of game themes, from cheerful and casual to gritty and more targeted at core gamers.
- Collaborate with the art lead to provide UI style guides for new titles to ensure product consistency.
- Work with engineering to ensure artwork is accurately and consistently represented in the game.
- 1-3 years practical art/design experience working in interactive media and/or games.
- Solid understanding of UI design best practices and interaction design fundamentals.
- Ability to translate flow charts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems.
- Strong desire to collaborate with producers and designers outlining player flows and wireframes.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop; strong skills in Flash, Illustrator & After Effects.
- Previous experience with motion graphics, compositing and special effects is a plus.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills: verbal, written and visual.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions.
- Strong passion for gaming.
- Experience working on consumer websites focused on virtual goods is a plus.
- Other drawing, illustration and 3D skills a plus.
To send us your information, click 'Apply' below. Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio.
Kabam - 20 months ago
Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices and...