TripAdvisor is hiring a UI Designer for Vacation Rentals. We are looking for an exceptionally talented UX Designer with extensive interactive experience working with large consumer websites. Working closely with Product Managers, you will be designing our next generation of website features by translating product requirements into final UX designs.
As part of our multi-discipline development team, your interface and marketing design work will play a vital role, acquiring and enabling millions of travelers around the world an easier and more engaging way to plan, take and share their trips.
What You'll Do
What We Seek
- Work directly with Product Management to translate concepts and required functionality into finished UX designs.
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation with product managers, and the web design team to help define an online creative strategy.
- Develop and maintain design comps
- Communicate and sell your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, etc.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent user interfaces for TripAdvisor.com and our global websites around the world, taking into consideration cultural differences and language translations.
- Provide design thought leadership to the company and work with Web Development and Engineering to push the boundaries of what’s possible on the internet.
- Take part in and evaluate usability tests with real travelers.
Expertise in user-centered interaction design
- Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door approach to web design.
- 6+ years experience in comparable web design roles on large, content-rich consumer websites
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, palette development, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You must have a deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
- Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including basic usability, industry standards, architecture and navigation.
- Passionate about creating compelling designs for a better user experience
- Experience with usability testing and converting feedback into workable designs
- Proficient to expert in: Photoshop and Illustrator. Flash a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML, DHTML and CSS. No coding required in this position.
- Experience with community websites, user tools, and gated functionality a plus.
- Experience with international websites and audiences a plus .
- Interaction design skills: Experience creating wireframes a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required in design-related discipline: Interaction, Graphic or Interface design.
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer may provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. **
Smarter Travel Media - 20 months ago
TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted...