UI Designer for Vacation Rentals
TripAdvisor is hiring a UI Designer for Vacation Rentals. We are looking for an exceptionally talented UI Designer with extensive interactive experience working with large consumer websites. Working closely with Product Managers, you will be designing our next generation of website features by translating product requirements into final designs.
As part of our multi-discipline development team, your interface and marketing design work will play a vital role, acquiring and enabling millions of travelers around the world an easier and more engaging way to plan, take and share their trips.
What You'll Do:
What We Seek:
- Work directly with Product Management to translate concepts and required functionality into finished designs.
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation with product managers, and the web design team to help define an online creative strategy.
- Develop and maintain design comps
- Communicate and sell your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, etc.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent user interfaces for TripAdvisor.com and our global websites around the world, taking into consideration cultural differences and language translations.
- Provide design thought leadership to the company and work with Web Development and Engineering to push the boundaries of what’s possible on the internet.
- Take part in and evaluate usability tests with real travelers.
work in a fast-paced environment
- Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door approach to web design.
- 6+ years experience in comparable web design roles on large, content-rich consumer websites
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills and ability to
- Rock solid skills in graphic design, with an eye for typography, palette development, intuitive layout, and a pixel-level attention to detail. You must have a deep appreciation for clean, simple, usable interfaces.
- Thorough understanding of overall web site design, including basic usability, industry standards, architecture and navigation.
- Passionate about creating compelling designs for a better user experience
- Expertise in user-centered interaction design
Experience with usability testing and converting feedback into workable designs
Must have online portfolio with multiple examples of interactive design.
- Proficient to expert in: Photoshop and Illustrator. Flash a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML, DHTML and CSS. No coding required in this position.
- Experience with community websites, user tools, and gated functionality a plus.
- Experience with international websites and audiences a plus .
- Interaction design skills: Experience creating wireframes a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required in design-related discipline: Interaction, Graphic or Interface design.
Smarter Travel Media
- 2 years ago - save job
TripAdvisor is primed to give you advice. A subsidiary of online travel services provider Expedia until late 2011, spun off...