Cloudant, an IBM® company, is looking to add several UI designers to the team to bring world-class interactive features to the bleeding-edge users of our customer dashboard. Features include data visualization, big data tooling and interactive documentation.
Cloudant provides the world’s first globally distributed database-as-a-service (DBaaS) for loading, storing, analyzing, and distributing operational application data for developers of large and/or fast-growing web and mobile applications. Delivered as a managed cloud service, Cloudant technology accelerates time-to-market and time-to-innovation because it frees developers from the mechanics of data management so they can focus exclusively on creating great applications. It also offers high availability, elastic scalability, and innovative mobile device synchronization.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to inform and improve interfaces and workflows
- Identify and solve usability and UI design problems
- Translate requirements into concepts and elegant user experience design, including interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details
- Help further define the visual language for the product platform
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure your designs are technically feasible and guide final implementation of design concepts
- Specification reviews, design reviews, and QA best practices
- 2-5 years UI/UX design experience
- Online portfolio and/or samples of compelling web, mobile and tablet applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate
- Prototypes of various kinds—from paper to HTML/CSS/JS
- Strong visual design skills
- Expertise with Photoshop or similar and OmniGraffle or similar
- Experience working in an agile dev environment
- Pass a background check