The UI Developer is responsible for providing support to programmers for Web sites and applications in creating front-end templates. He/she works closely with the design team to provide all the necessary components to hand off to the development team for implementation of the user interface.
· Provides support to programmers by converting PSD’s into clean and easy to maintain reusable HTML/CSS.
· Creates masterpages, themes, skins; integrates work into .NET pages.
· Design/develop rich Web 2.0 features which will be templatized.
· Develop websites in HTML5 for mobile web development.
· Validates/tests for 508 compliancy and cross-browser/platform compatibility.
· Develops Flash actionscripting.
· Participates in code reviews.
· Maintains code libraries.
· Comparative research.
· Documents processes.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer graphics or related field. Adobe certification a plus.
· 3+ years experience in developing intuitive user interfaces for web-based applications that adhere to web standards and designing rich Web 2.0 features.
· Experience in mobile site development.
· Experience with slicing mockups in Photoshop.
· Must have a familiarity working in a .NET environment, Visual Studio, and web application infrastructure.
· Ability to implement AJAX libraries and JS Frameworks including JQuery and JQuery Mobile.
· Knowledge of cross-browser/platform compatibility, 508-compliancy, user-centered design, usability, visual and web application design, information architecture (taxonomies, content hierarchy, etc), front end development.
· Ability to code in Flash Actionscripting 3.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.