We have an exciting opportunity for you to work in a dynamic and growing company with talented people. Come join our capable team and help us design and develop websites and applications vital to the company’s success.
The UI Developer designs, implements and supports the web development for website functionality and will work closely with Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, Business Analysts, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. The content management team is dynamic, fast paced, and highly collaborative. Ideal candidate must be able to thrive in an environment where change is constant.
You will be responsible for the design of the company’s websites, both internet and intranet. Use your design & development background to set our websites apart from our competitors and to provide our users with a powerful yet easy to navigate interface.
• Assumes primary responsibility for building reliable web-based applications based on responsive design.
• Develop and execute site design and style guidelines for corporate websites
• Develop mockups, page layouts and wireframes for new projects and redesign efforts
• Design and produce professional quality graphics for websites
• Work with departments outside of IT to solicit input and business requirements
• Participate in project teams to provide design input and implementation of project specific features
• Implement UI/UX frameworks, such as Twitter Bootstap, Zorb Foundation.
• Research the latest design technologies, standards and trends
• Coordinates with Web Applications Administrator to ensure the functional integrity and reliability of all web sites.
• Integrates web content and images created by the Marketing department.
• Analyzes and reports on web site traffic and usage patterns.
• Develop and document uniform coding standards and lead training efforts.
• Create and deliver presentations to drive enterprise initiatives.
• Manage, prioritize and delegate tasks as necessary to accomplish overall project objectives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management and project leads.
• Minimum 3 years experience designing and programming on large, content-rich web sites & mobile devices
• 5+ years experience in building web applications using the latest standards-based approaches (HTML5,CSS3).
• Minimum 2 years experience with ASP.Net, FLASH, AJAX, JQuery, Twitter Bootstrap UI.
• Has worked on a minimum of 2 high traffic enterprise level production web sites
• Expert at Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or equivalent software packages
• Mastery of cross-browser, cross-platform markup and layout (HTML, CSS)
• Understanding of implementing responsive design techniques.
• Strong graphic design and web design skills with proficient knowledge of web design tools
• Knowledge of what is required to develop highly performance web applications.
• Non-technical attributes:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, customer-facing, environment.
• Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
• Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
• Must be detail oriented and able to work under strict and tight deadlines.
• Experience with server side technologies like .NET (or similar server generation technologies).
• Competent designing database-driven, dynamic web applications. Strong understanding of Internet and Intranet concepts.
• Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies.