EdgeCast Networks Inc. is a leading content delivery network with datacenter operations in 26 different cities around the world. EdgeCast delivers video, software, games, podcasts, music, and accelerates websites for its customers. As an extension of our content delivery network, EdgeCast also provides extensive business applications for its customers and partners.
We are seeking a qualified Front-End Developer to help us build internal and external web-based applications and tools that integrate with our CDN. This position will build tools/visualizations to support real-time monitoring and command/control systems for a network comprised of tens of thousands of devices that perform trillions of transactions per month pushing over 1Tbps of network traffic.
You will be helping to build the tools that our Operations staff use to manage one of the most complex networked systems around. Our network handles 4-6% of the traffic on the Web. We're looking for people who can help us develop unique, actionable, and informationally-dense visualization tools to keep this infrastructure running smoothly, 24x7.
Environment is challenging, innovative, and fast-paced, with an open and friendly team-oriented atmosphere. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits.
- Develop cutting-edge technology solutions in client-side development for web applications
- Develop front-end interface for enterprise-level portals and applications
- Integrate with 3rd Party technology solutions
- Resolve technical member issues that have been escalated from our front-line delivery channels
- Maintain an on-going understanding of CDN operations and the impact the web site has on the attainment of client and company goals
- Ensure the security of the application, as well as the security of confidential client information contained in the system
- Create specific, detailed, and clear documentation for internal and external use
- Work with other business units in order to gather and understand the business needs, and to find creative solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V
- 5+ years in front-end web development experience
- Working knowledge of development tools: Firebug, DVCS, IDEs, jslint
- UI design and data visualization experience is a plus
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team-player
- BS in computer science or related field required
Edgecast - 12 months ago