# of openings:
Symphony Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software solutions and engineering services in the mobile, medical, connected home and automotive industries. Our unmatched domain expertise and experience, combined with a global footprint enable our customers to realize their products, services and visions. Symphony Teleca has approximately 6,000 employees in 12 countries.
Symphony Teleca is seeking a UI Visual Designer for Mobile to work on Connected Mobile Devices. This person will have extensive mobile platform experience working with multiple OS's, devices and industries. The position is located in the Symphony Teleca Design Headquarters located in Mountain View, CA. Reporting to the Director of Design; you will be personally responsible for creating highly rich visuals, intuitive interfaces and engaging rich mobile experiences.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging and brand-consistent mobile experiences across iOS, Win7/8 and Android for phones, tablets, and automotive and medical devices.
- Deliver platform-specific visual concepts and redline specifications for development.
- Work in tandem with UX designers and software engineers in an agile environment.
- Communicate concepts through sketches, low and high fidelity concepts, and interactive prototypes.
- Communicate and "sell" your design solutions to senior management and teammates, including engineers, product managers, partners, etc.
- Provide thought design leadership to the company and work with engineering to push the boundaries of what’s possible on emerging technologies.
- Present and defend designs at key milestones.
- Work with cross-functional, globally located teams to manage and deliver designs on time, as well as champion the best possible user experience for our customers.
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Good natured, flexible, leave-your-ego-at-the-door attitude and a sense of humor a must.
- Ability to intelligently present and positively critique design concepts during team reviews and stakeholder meetings.
- Online portfolio with multiple examples of design for iOS and Android platforms required.
- 3-5 years of experience defining information architecture, visual design and/or interaction design for mobile applications.
- Knowledge and experience of major mobile OS platforms UX Guidelines for iOS, Android, and Win 7 / Windows 8 Mobile.
- Experience with native app design as well as hybrid HTML5 applications.
- Experience in major aspects of the production process, i.e. asset development, redlines, product specifications.
- A passion for the user experience, an obsessive attention to detail, and a proven ability to communicate and collaborate with others.
- Familiarity with UX/UI trends, best practices and design standards for mobile platforms in the automotive, medical and smart home domains.
- Effective workers inside a team who can prioritize UI issues and review the results of user research.
- Ability to be comfortable and successful working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience working in an agile development methodology
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Must be a solid team player with good writing, presentation and time management skills
Teleca AB - 2 years ago