Responsible for producing new accounts and managing the profitability of assigned accounts. This includes account monitoring activities as well as scheduling on-site client interviews.
Conduct underwriting, product/ program development, pricing and determining terms & conditions for the Reinsurance Business Unit accordant to Corporate Underwriting guidelines, mandates, targets and client strategy and being responsible for contract documents and their correctness.
Evaluation and initial underwriting of new business submissions.
Scheduling and performance of underwriting reviews of client companies.
Establish and monitor data flows from client companies to ensure continuous monitoring of results versus established targets and plans.
Interact with Client Managers on maintaining client relationships and development of new business potential/opportunities and participate in negotiations with clients (cedents) and broker.
Analyzing and evaluating new developments and trends in the market and identifying business potential in the private and public health market.
Develop reinsurance products/programs/solutions and further deepen competencies in product development.
Develop contract and endorsement wording in compliance with corporate requirements and procedures.
Work closely with junior underwriters and underwriting analysts on assigned accounts to ensure proper
documentation and underwriting accounting requirements as per all operational requirements .
- Plan necessary resources to achieve defined goals, manage Underwriter teams including all leadership tasks and assist/ train less experienced underwriters.
- Coordinating all support services for assigned accounts with claims, actuarial, accounting and contracts.
- Assisting Client Executives and/or Client Managers in joint/team calls to clients and prospects.
- Travel required is about 25 - 30%
- Bachelors degree, major/minor in economics, finance or actuarial science.
- Minimum 5 years primary health underwriting/actuarial experience.
- Understanding of group related and managed care insurance products and principles.
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills including all major spreadsheets (Word, Excel, Access).
- Good analytical skills and mathematical understanding.
- Some knowledge of reinsurance principles.
- Some applicable post graduate work or progress toward a recognized health industry or actuarial designation (FSA, RHU, MHP, etc.).
Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. - 11 months ago