Underwrite and Review Prospect and Renewal Accounts under the supervision of Senior and Management Underwriting Staff. Maintain productive relationships with Producers and MRSL Sales team.
1. Underwrite New Business Accounts to grow a profitable block of business .
2. Achieve profit inforce accounts.
3. Review New Business underwriting submissions, develop rates and terms for Medical Stop Loss Accounts based on underwriting rules, guidelines, pricing methodologies and account specific data.
4. Compose, prepare and generate correspondence, proposals and other reports as required.
5. Stragically assess risk and options and make solid decisions.
6. Peer review, train and assist Junior Underwriters.
7. Interact with Senior and Chief Underwriters for support and resources .
8. Manitain organized and well documented files.
• At least 2 years experience with the business and products of health insurance and/or reinsurance
• Education as actuary desired or experiences in primary health underwriting/actuarial
• Ability to explain proposals to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Solid understanding of health and managed care insurance products and principles.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Achieved Consulting and negotiation skills
• Experience in stop loss underwriting, contracts, accounting concepts and healthcare claims
• Creativity, innovation and assertiveness
• Team player and motivational
• Strong computer skills with word documents and excel.
Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. - 15 months ago