Underwrite the traditional CIP Engineering business at the direction of the Sr. Underwriter, CIP and through contacts with Brokers, and Captives.
• Coordinate the underwriting referral function with the Sr. Underwriter, CIP for CIP Engineering business, as required in the underwriting guidelines and mandates.
• Complete the pricing and layering models of CIP Engineering and the MR rating process and when necessary motivate modifications of it.
• Ensure a consistent standard in the underwriting process of CIP Engineering business.
• Assist the Sr. Underwriter, CIP with completing the referral audit process with overall adherence to risk selection and pricing techniques developed for the CIP Engineering Group.
• Develop and support new products and filings to satisfy client needs by using depth of underwriting background/experience for program development.
• In coordination with the Sr. Underwriter, CIP negotiate and conclude the offers, and terms of contract with Brokers/Clients.
• Analyze and evaluate our participation on CIP Engineering programs to maximize profitability potential. Claims Settlement:
• Use claim reports to assist with implementing adequate underwriting terms. Administration:
• Capture required risk information for CIP Engineering business, e.g. Cat accumulations, risks, written, etc. Assist Sr. Underwriter, CIP with maintaining records and monitoring business development and renewals for CIP Engineering business.
• Minimum of 5 years engineering insurance experience.
• Knowledge of internal processing procedures and systems would be highly beneficial.
• Negotiation and relationship marketing skills
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent verbal/written, language and communication skills
• Ability to travel.
Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. - 7 months ago