Conduct initial screening of the opportunity assigned. This includes reviewing the data for completeness and requesting missing information from the broker.
Interpret and comprehend completed data package.
Run Manual quotes.
Interpret and input Specific Experience Rating data from files received from outside brokers.
Negotiate initial coverage, terms, and rates, as well as revised terms based upon medical disclosure, with producers in order to close sales under the direction of a Senior Underwriter.
Properly document files in a clear and organized manner.
Prepare and release proposals, binders and policies under the guidance of a Senior Underwriter or Director.
Develop an understanding of how to run various rating and pricing models.
Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with producers.
- Bachelor’s Degree with education in Mathematics, Finance, Business, Accounting, Actuarial Science or strong math aptitude.
- Desired experiences in health insurance.
- Strong analytical/mathematical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship skills.
- Strong computer skills with word documents and excel.
- Must be a team player, self motivated and creative.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently.