Find Yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, employees deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Unit Secretary in our Hematology/Oncology unit.
- Greets visitors, patients and healthcare staff and assists in meeting their needs.
- Answers telephones and triages calls on the unit.
- Reviews all verbal orders for physician signatures.
- Ensures patient charts are complete per hospital universal chart order.
- Notifies support and ancillary departments regarding any service requested or needed.
- Updates census report and forwards to Admitting Department.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- May be asked to transport items to other areas of the medical complex.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 1 year of clerical or office support experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Must possess a current basic life support (BLS) certification.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Will be required to wear a uniform provided by the hospital.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago