Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Unit Secretary.
· Greets visitors, patients and healthcare staff and assists in meeting their needs.
· Answers telephones and triages calls on the unit.
· Reviews all verbal orders for physician signatures.
· Ensures patient charts are complete per hospital universal chart order.
· Notifies support and ancillary departments regarding any service requested or needed.
· Updates census report and forwards to Admitting Department.
· Orders and maintains office supplies.
· May be asked to transport items to other areas of the medical complex.
· High school diploma or GED is required.
· One year of clerical or office support experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
· Must possess a current basic life support (BLS) certification.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent communication and computer skills.
· Will be required to wear a uniform provided by the hospital.