Job Order: J0413-0100 - Permanent Full Time
Title: UNIX Administrator
Category: Information Technology
City: Belton, Texas, United States
Job Description: UNIX Administrator
CGI is looking for a UNIX Administrator to join our growing Public Sector Healthcare organization. CGI has been a leading partner to the federal government for more than 30 years offering transformative solutions to help agencies perform their missions. As a shared service provider (SSP) we deliver the full spectrum of managed services: technology management, application management, systems integration and consulting, and business process services.
Federal healthcare is moving to a more cost-effective shared services model to remove silos and to leverage applications and platforms across multiple organizations. Agencies are adopting Web technologies that provide easy and enhanced access to consolidated clinical and administrative information. Through a strategic mix of local and enterprise resources, healthcare organizations are reaching new levels of performance and cost competitiveness. CGI provides healthcare departments and agencies with in-depth functional and technical expertise to adopt these strategies and to offer clients a focused set of solutions that help federal health organizations become more productive, cost-effective, secure and service-oriented.
As a CGI consultant you would be responsible for providing professional and effective technical consulting services to client organizations while performing system administration functions, including taking preemptive action as appropriate for supported UNIX systems.
Other duties would include but are not limited to the following:
o Hardware configuration, performance monitoring, system maintenance and disaster recovery, capacity planning, metrics acquisition and performance tuning.
o Initiate, evaluate, communicate and coordinate technical issues among different groups, and negotiate their resolution, ensuring that issues are acted upon, documented, communicated and closed within a reasonable time frame.
o Build and maintain project resource plans that are dynamically available and containing all day-to-day and project efforts will be critical. Also ensure that targeted deliverable dates are effectively managed.
o Help organize and participate in on-call coverage, providing technical support for the group in development, test, certification and production environments, while assisting to ensure that resources (personnel and equipment) are appropriately and reasonably allocated, and that users' expectations are properly managed and addressed.
o Identify areas for improvement within the current technical services delivery; and the other groups in order to recommend and implement best-practices processes and procedures that will add value to technical services delivery.
o Establish cross-training initiatives within the team to provide enhanced support capability.
o Conduct and lead meetings and technical sessions with various groups as part of technical services delivery and to be able to follow up meetings with recommendations to management, action items and implementation plans
o Develop, document and implement systems and application software installation and upgrades.
To be successful in this role you would require the following expertise:
Unix system administration including installation, configuration, networking, server administration/management, troubleshooting, security, monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, backup/recovery, service pack/hot fix/patch install, vendor support liaison, coordination with technical staff at all levels.
- The ability to communicate and present to both technical and non-technical staff and management at all levels of an organization.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge and hands-on expertise in the following core skills set involving any combination of the following:
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
- Scripting in C, C++, Perl, and TCL.
- Configuration, monitoring, job scheduling, and capacity planning..
- Understanding of SAN/NAS/RAID technologies, ability to work with SAN management group and other technical staff.
- 3-5 Years of industry IT experience.
- Sound knowledge and hands-on expertise in the core skills involving the following:
- UNIX tools knowledge
- Working with Helpdesk Ticketing software for incident management
- Data Communications skills, including LAN and WAN
- C, C++, Perl and TZCL scripting skills
- SAN and NAS configuration and support
- Project planning and use of project & documentation tools
- Industry technology vendor certifications will be very beneficial.*LI-RS1 At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 69,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Unix/Linux System Admin
CGI - 20 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...