Requisition #: 58319
Job Title: Sr. Unix Systems Engineer
Country: United States
State: New Jersey
Employment Status: Full Time
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
Inspiring Innovation is a core value at ADP and in Information Technology we are committed to delivering it - for our clients and colleagues around the world. Whether it's the latest in mobile apps, the best in operating platforms or the most secure systems - Information Technology plays a critical role in ADP's growth. ADP is recognized as an innovation leader, and is on the Forbes list of the top 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World and is ranked in the Top 50 on IDG's Computerworld list of the 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology (IT).
Technology at ADP. It's the foundation of the products and services that have made us a world-wide leader in workforce solutions. With us, you can combine technical skills and business acumen, to effectively consult as well as solve technical challenges. You have the opportunity to train on leading-edge technologies that continually redefine what's possible in our industry.
Senior Unix Systems Engineer
(Design Engineer IV)
Key Candidate Skills:
- Expertise with RedHat Linux
- Advanced scripting with BASH plus one of C / Perl / Python / PHP / Born / Korn
- Ability to develop a RedHat Secure Build
1 ADP Blvd.
Roseland, NJ 07068
- Evaluate, integrate, maintain, and support system solutions based primarily on RedHat Linux systems platforms (with SUSE Linux knowledge as a plus), connectivity (LAN/WAN, SAN) and related system software. Utilize scripting ( BASH is required and one of Perl / Python / PHP) and automation tools for the implementation of desired solutions and understand their administrative requirements.
- Design a secure, RedHat Linux OS Build from scratch and integrate for OS patching via the SUSE Manager tool
- Analyze business and user requirements leading to the selection and implementation of appropriate technical solutions. Drive technical standards throughout the ADP utility.
- Understand installation, configuration, and maintenance of operating systems, application software, computer hardware, peripherals, networks, and systems communications.
- Develop and implement automated procedures and technical documentation for system implementation, and software distribution, roll out and maintenance.
- Work with internal groups such as Development, QA and Technical Support, as needed.
- Ability to manage projects within area of technical responsibilities. Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Participate in system performance tuning and technical troubleshooting.
- Develop metrics and measurement process to evaluate delivery and quality of infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
(Experience, Skills, Academic)
About ADP : We power organizations with insightful solutions that drive business success. Consistently named one of the "Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by Forbes® as one of "The World's Most Innovative Companies," ADP has over a half-million clients around the globe and 60+ years of experience as a world-wide leader of business outsourcing solutions.
- B.S. Degree - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent professional experience and certifications
- Experience - Technical knowledge/experience of at least five years in most of the following:
- 10+ years experience in Linux OS engineering , automation, deployment and maintenance
- Operating systems: RedHat Linux (expert level), SUSE LINUX
- DBMS: (Oracle, Oracle RAC, Mongo DB) from a Systems Engineering perspective
- Hardware: IBM xSeries, HP Servers
- Communication: LAN/WAN, TCP / IP, 802.11, DHCP, PXE
- Systems Management: IBM AMM / IMM / RSA, HP ILO
- Middleware / Filesystems: Veritas FS / VM / Cluster Services Suite, ext 3/4, btrfs
- Systems Integration: BladeLogic
- Virtualization: Linux KVM, VMware ESXi
- Messaging: Sendmail, Postfix
- Name Resolution: DNS, OpenLDAP, Active Directory, Centrify, NSCD
- Storage: EMC Symmetrix, Clariion, Celerra, Centera, SRDF, PowerPath
- Backup: Symantec NetBackup
- Software: Shell scripting (bash), Perl, Python, PHP
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
The Benefits of a Career at ADP:
At ADP, our associates are the key to our success! At ADP you will enjoy a vibrant and diverse organization with exceptional leadership committed to providing every associate with career building opportunities. Our environment is fast paced and dynamic with work/life initiatives that allow for individual goals to be realized. ADP offers benefits that are second to none.
Some Benefits Include:
Plus, you will have access to our extensive offering of on-line and instructor led training which is made available to all associates through our Global Learning.
- Pension Plan
- Company Matched 401K
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Personal Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Corporate Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
The TOP reasons to ADVANCE your career ADP !!!
- TOP NOTCH benefits package, 401K and Pension plan, along with numerous company perks for all associates
- ComputerWorld Top 100 Best Places to Work in I/T
- InformationWeek: Ranked 7th of top business technology innovators
- Fortune's list of America's Most Admired Companies
- DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
- Forbes list of The World's Most Innovative Companies
- Diversity MBA Magazine: "50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work"
- One of only 4 AAA rated organizations by Standard & Poor's
- Corporate Equality Index: 100% rating and "Best Places to Work" by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation for LGBT employees
- Ranked # 1 by Fortune Magazine in the payroll services
- Working Mother Magazine Best Places to Work
- Invested more than $12 million in tools and programs over the last three years to enhance our employees
- Equality Company of the Year
- Training Magazine Rank #17 of the Top 125
All Locations: United States, Roseland, NJ
Job Category: Technology
Area of Interest: General Technology
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is engaged in providing business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource (HR),...