How would you like to join a team of 400+ IT professionals who provide global infrastructure support for one of the largest companies in the US?
Our employees and millions of customers worldwide depend on EOS to provide reliable infrastructure systems! EOS supports 24/7 global operations. If a serious problem occurs with servers, networks, storage, telecommunications, or system security, it could cost the company millions of dollars per hour. When a storm like Sandy hits, EOS is the team that ensures business continuity and disaster recovery. That’s why we need a team of dedicated experts up for the challenge and the responsibility! Very few companies can offer you the scale and diversity of technology or the level of personal responsibility that you can find in EOS.
Staples is seeking a Senior Open Systems Engineer to join the team responsible for supporting the second largest set of web properties in the world. We have a high-caliber, cross-functional team that designs and builds the infrastructure behind our dot-com business. This group is a forward looking, project oriented team of high performing technical associates tasked with design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of AIX, HPUX & Linux Systems.
- Provide expert level technical guidance for Staples' business unit representatives and application support teams
- Evaluate, define, and design UNIX infrastructure requirements for the implementation of new applications
- Implement UNIX infrastructure in accordance with designs
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maintain relationships with third party technical support providers
- 7 + years experience as a System Engineer supporting one or more flavors of UNIX
- Scripting and programming experience (shell, awk, perl, python)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience supporting two or more flavors of UNIX
- Linux (Red Hat) knowledge is a plus
- Experience with specifying and deploying IBM P-Series and/or HP hardware
- Experience with IBM PowerVM technologies
- Experience with Veritas Cluster Technology
- Experience in developing scalable policies and procedures, including system standards, capacity planning, and centralized management Understanding of Project management methodologies
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...