Are you a skilled UNIX Engineer with a particular expertise with Linux? If so, Vistronix may have your next exciting career opportunity! We are currently looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join our growing metropolitan Boston, MA area team. The select candidate must be knowledgeable of and experienced with Linux administration, systems integration, and systems support. You will have the opportunity to work with a multi-functional technical group which includes professionals with expertise in network administration and infrastructure, web application development, database administration, etc. Candidate must have the certification experience to satisfy the requirements set forth under the DoD 8570-01M mandate and be willing to provide support after hours. Specifically, a current certification in Security+, GSEC, SCNP, or SSCP along with relevant Computing Environment (CE) certifications such as Linux+.
Principal responsibilities include:
The most successful candidates must be knowledgeable and experienced with the following:
- Systems administration on UNIX and Windows operating systems across multiple database environments.
- Some ESX Server administration (Vsphere 4.x or 5.x experience preferred)
- Assist with configuration and support Linux standalone and virtual servers
- Responsible for or participating in all infrastructure initiatives within the program that involve Linux, Apache, SQL, Oracle, MySQL, and cloud-based solutions.
- Build and support a rapidly growing Linux web infrastructure
- Implement new and maintain existing Linux infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain LDAP authentication and centralized management for Linux systems
- Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures.
- Installation and configuration of hardware (rack-mounted, standalone)
- Monitor performance for all responsible server systems.
- Monitor and maintain system security to ensure system integrity.
Must have 15+ years supporting UNIX/Linux environments.
Self-motivated, attitude of ownership, and a strong desire to learn new technologies
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of relevant experience, with 7 or more years specialized in administration and design of computer networks and systems. 7 years of relevant additional experience may be substituted for a B.A. or B.S. degree.
The selected candidate must be able to successfully complete a government background investigation for a position of Public Trust.
Vistronix staff members enjoy a collaborative working environment. We recognize our staff for their contributions to the team’s success as well as individual professional accomplishment. Vistronix offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits program. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vistronix, Inc. is a leading Information Management (IM), IT support services and Managed Services company serving government agencies and...