This project provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and
engineering services to ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Army's Military Intelligence organization's IT Systems. Work will be performed at NGIC.
The Unix Systems Administrator will:
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of UNIX or Windows-based operating configurations on organization's servers and desktops
- Provide Tier 3-level troubleshooting for problems that may involve applications and the network
- Support UNIX account management for multi-network environment
- Provide technical support to applications and utility developers on requirements for integration into the operating environment.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance as needed.
- Maintain and update documentation on the operating systems' configuration
- Bachelor's degree desired or five years of strong experience performing either UNIX or Windows System Administration and Server Administration; proven experience should include:
- Manage Users and Groups
- Perform backup and recovery
- Monitor system capacity
- Install software on servers
- Configure and install Windows (Win7 and/or Vista) workstations
- Prefer experience with Windows Server 2008, SQL2008, IIS7, Lucene
- Prefer knowledge of NGIC Mission
- Active TS/SCI Clearance or SCI Eligible
medITjobs.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard