UNIX Systems Administrator
UNIX Systems Administrator
· Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design
· Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions
· Understands a broad spectrum of HP technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements
· Often leads small to medium technical projects
· Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate
· Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment
· Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments
· Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement
· Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
· Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value.
· Demonstrates execution of the HP strategy
· Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learning’s are documented and shared.
· Role models Focuses on single customer.
· Solves diverse and complex
· May lead a project team
Education and Experience Required:
· 5+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
· Has led small team in delivery of a specific deliverable
· Has mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas
· Possesses advanced level of business, technical, or functional knowledge
· Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products.
· Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem
· Able to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence
· Able to demonstrate the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing
· Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchanges meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements
· Owns and produces customer documentation
· Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions).
· Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
· Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate
· From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver.
· Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
· Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery
Jul 19, 2013
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...