Coordinate system development tasks to include design, integration, documentation and testing.
Complete transition of systems into production via change management.
Provide incident management services related to customer and shared infrastructure systems.
Design systems for scalability and availability while providing overall capacity management targets and forecasts.
Build and leverage automation to decrease overall system deployment and support cycle time.
Complete audit and compliance reporting for all managed system configurations.
Build and manage systems with a customer-focus, both on the internal users and end-customers of our service offering.
Desired Additional Qualifications
ITIL V3 certification (foundations or higher).
Experience with BMC technologies in the Service Automation, Service Assurance, Enterprise Service Management space.
Compliance: SOX, security auditing, SAS-70
- Linux deep systems experience including diagnosing problems related to network issues and system issues.
- Experience with Linux virtualization. KVM preferred, but concepts via XEN and Ware applicable
- Highly desired experience with server automation software. Logic preferred, but concepts via Opsware or other like frameworks applicable.
framework expertise: PXE, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Configuration management expertise: CMDB, configuration mplating, SVN.
- Datacenter-specific shared services: g, Syslog-NG, logging services, LDAP, Active Directory, NTP, SAN, NFS, etc.
- Event management and correlation: s, Splunk, agent-based monitors, etc.
with Java applications: log4j, managing java-based applications
and their performance characteristics on Linux hosts and KVM’s.
with developing, configuring and supporting systems in a complex
multi-tenant environment including security, policy compliance
and exception processing.
expertise with datacenter networks (LAN) and interconnectivity
(WAN) including knowledge of IPv6.
experience with system monitoring including writing test
- Experience in managing systems supporting RDMS including Oracle, SQL and/or MSSQL.
analytical and problem solving skills.
working in a fast paced, startup environment.
who has experience in a customer facing support role. This is
their production NOC
who has the ability to mentor more junior Linux professionals in
- Self-managing and self-motivated
If you are interested in this position or know someone who is, please contact:
Jaynee Castro at
Taos - 18 months ago
In the late 80's, Taos' founders, Ric Urrutia and Alexis Tatarsky, were working together as UNIX engineers at Apple Computer. They often...