Description of Job
As our Unix System Engineer and part of the CSSS Team you will be expected to perform the following tasks: Requirements analysis, functional analysis, and synthesis of USSTRATCOM’s UNIX requirements.
- Builds technical solutions based on information gathered from submitted requirements documents and customer interviews.
- Develops project definitions and engineering estimates to include cost estimates and cost benefit analyses.
- Manages/performs implementation for technical solutions built. Owns the systems they implement and provides response to Gov’t questions/concerns with regard to these systems. Provide inputs on technical refresh and life cycle planning for their systems assigned.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing and acceptance phases. Designs and prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results.
- Prepares briefings and prepares updates on project/task status. Prepares purchase requests and configuration management documentation. Attends Integrated Product Team meetings with the Gov’t to learn of new requirements, provide technical expertise, respond to taskings, etc.
- Requires frequent interchanges with the customer to determine customer needs and ensure what is implemented meets those needs. Engineers will build UNIX servers, ensure security requirements are met, test servers/systems/software/hardware, and integrate/install them into the production environment.
- Ensures all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is provided to the Service Delivery team. Performs performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to Service Delivery. Working understanding of: system engineering basics,
- MS Project. Experience with UNIX Solaris, and system integration (hardware, software, network, and database). Knowledgeable of system security, system operation and performance, and system effectiveness.
- Experience with system engineering tools, probability and statistics, modeling, and simulation programs.