This US Information Services Senior Director of Client Engagement will be the IS lead aligned to the Commercial Insight Function. The primary objective of Commercial Insight is the identification and delivery of growth opportunities through a better understanding of local markets, customers and changing brand dynamics. Capabilities provided by this function include but are not limited to: Commercial analytics including statistical modeling and standardized reporting, portfolio resource optimization, sales force alignment and targeting, incentive compensation, promotional mix analysis, and master data management.
These capabilities are supported by a range of technologies including but not limited to master data management, business intelligence and decision support, and data warehousing. Tools and platforms such as Informatica, Siperian, MicroStrategy, SAP Business Intelligence, and Netezza are deployed as enablers of critical business processes.
This Client Engagement role will be responsible for overseeing an IS Account team which will be responsible for all IS strategy, delivery programs and operational services delivered to the Commercial Insight function. The Client Engagement role will build and maintain relationships with key US business stakeholders and leverage these relationships to bring strategic insight and value to the US business. They must develop an in-depth understanding of the Commercial Insight business and provide a unique perspective on how technology solutions can contribute to achieving and/or exceeding the business objectives for this area. The Client Engagement role will work collaboratively across the IS organization to achieve greatest impact. They will be proficient at scoping proof-of-concepts, assembling business cases, and influencing the organization around their business solutions while utilizing their IS expertise.
- Build and maintain relationships with senior US business stakeholders
- Establish client engagement role as a strategic business partner
- Ensure engagement with customer senior management teams to understand and identify opportunities for IS to contribute to achieving/exceeding business objectives and influence stakeholders to action
- Accountable for developing overall technology strategy aligned with this functional area
- Act as a consultant to the business to scope and develop effective technology proof-of-concepts and business cases
- Lead the IS Account team and own the delivery of all IS solutions and services to the US business -- this accounts for the largest portfolio of IS work in the US business at approximately $20million
Skills and Capabilities (Minimum Requirements)
- BS degree Business Administration or Information Science
- Minimum 10 years IS management in client facing or consulting type roles
- Proven people development and leadership capabilities
- Deep experience with IS solutions utilized in the Insight function (Data Warehousing, Master Data Management, SAS, Change-Data-Capture, ETL, End User Analytical Tools, Service Oriented Architecture)
- Thinks strategically
- Collaboratively influence others
- Coach and develop a high-performing team
- Effectively communicate complex concepts and IS solutions to business leaders
- Function as a change agent with strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, communication and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to influence and build strategic working relationships with senior AZ internal customers, peers and vendors regardless of organizational boundaries
- Ability to prioritize according to business strategy and recognize opportunities to apply technology solutions and innovation to specific situations
- Effectively consult with the business to uncover needs and craft timely and effective solutions
- 15+ years IS management in client facing or consulting type roles
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical / healthcare industry
- Extensive IS experience in supporting Pharmaceutical Commercial Insight functions
AstraZeneca - 14 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...