McKean Defense Group is a U.S. Navy-mission focused strategic partner providing Readiness and Sustainment Solutions (RSS) and Systems and Technology Solutions (STS). McKean continuously pursues opportunities to help our clients solve their most difficult challenges and to support the growth of our employees. Our engineers, logisticians, and training experts support acquisition and in-service programs across the Navy and provide innovative solutions to sustain the Navy’s readiness to execute mission requirements. With personnel located in 19 states, our team operates across the country and around the world.
McKean has an opening for a Military Systems Analyst to support the TYCOM Availability Work Package (AWP) process. Tasking includes working with the Port Engineer and Ship Maintenance Team to ensure Availability Work Packages are appropriately balanced with life cycle and corrective maintenance. Candidate will accurately capture the risk to ship material readiness, should maintenance actions be delayed due to lack of funding, time, material, etc. Candidate will also track and report the execution of Baseline Availability Work Package (BAWP) items throughout a ship's Fleet Response Plan (FRP).
Specific duties include :
- Track, analyze and report execution of ship BAWPs.
- Organize team members from a wide variety of internal and external entities (including CNSP, NAVSEA, SURFMEPP, RMC and others) to coordinate the BAWP/AWP process.
- Conduct conferences at A-360, A-240 and A-120 reviewing the status of CMP tasks, modernization planning, CASREPs, DFS, TSOs, LLTM, and general repair jobs
- Review the status of CMP tasks working with project teams forecasting expected deferrals. Publish these deferrals via two letters at A-120 and A-240 or, A-210 for FDNF ships.
- Develop risk assessments for availabilities and identify possible mitigation plans.
- Generate BAWP item change letters for review and adjudication by SURFMEPP.
- Conduct a technical review of all availability work packages prior to publishing in the 100% Lock Letter
- Collect data and other information to identify BAWP/AWP trends and issues.Coordinate with Assessment Directors and support the management of assessment planning and execution
- Participate in other cross-functional analyses, as required.
- Perform special analyses related to ship maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently, attention to detail, and great customer interaction.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain a secret security clearance.
- A high school degree, or GED and ten (10) years of relevant experience with Surface Ship Maintenance and Operations OR, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five (5) years of relevant experience, OR a Master’s degree in relevant field.
- Knowledge of relationships, policies, and procedures for Ship maintenance between SWRMC, NAVSEA, TYCOMS, and Naval Shipyards
- Experience working on Naval engineering projects including design, maintenance, repair, testing, installation, or ship upgrades
- Proven work history with Port Engineers and RMCs or Naval Shipyards.
- Knowledge of commonly used SWRMC concepts, practices, and procedures.
MCKEAN DEFENSE GROUP, LLC - 12 months ago