Soitec is an international company, a world leader in developing and manufacturing revolutionary semiconductor materials at the frontier of the most exciting energy and electronics challenges. In the solar market, Soitec is a leading manufacturer and supplier of concentrator photovoltaic (CPV) power plant systems based on its highly efficient Concentrix™ technology. The technology uses Fresnel lenses to concentrate and focus the sunlight onto multi-junction solar cells, and it delivers world-leading efficiencies and superior performance for utility-scale power plants in sunny regions. In order to reinforce our US Team located in San Diego, we are looking for a:
US Sales Director:
The Sales Director reports to the Vice President, Sales & Business Development USA and leads the US Sales Team. The Sales Director´s key function is to build a pipeline of executed sales contract for Soitec’s CPV technology by negotiating complex, high-value contracts for the supply of solar power plants in the USA. Responsibilities include managing sales team, customer relationships, communicating product advantages, negotiating sales contracts, closing order and customer service and support.
Contribute to the development of a dynamically growing company by being a team player willing to help out beyond the sales function.
- Manage sales team and mentor Sales Managers, provide accurate sales forecasts and manage reporting of sales and the reporting function.
- Manage existing and foster new customer relationships with a focus on Independent Power Producers (IPPs) and project developers.
- Negotiate and close orders to achieve Soitec’s short- and long-term business plan and growth targets
- §Coordinate contract negotiation team (technical, commercial, legal etc) and take the lead on commercial negotiations for equipment supply agreements (ESA).
- Contribute to development of the marketing strategy and communication
- Work closely with other members of the US Sales, Business and Project Development team and other functions in the US headquarters and throughout the company to ensure customer and company expectations are met
- Ensure long-term customer satisfaction by managing the customer during the execution, and operations and maintenance phases of a project life-cycle.
- Manage response to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and partner with the sales support resources globally to submit RFP winning proposals.
We offer a challenging position in a dynamic and innovative company
- Graduate degree in engineering and/or degree in economics or business administration
- At least five years of successful experience in commercial/sales roles in a B2B sales environment
- Expertise in sales and delivery of power plants or machines in the energy industry or experience in selling high value capital goods
- Experience in the PV or wind industry desired
- Strong commercial and legal knowledge and negotiation skills
- Customer service attitude both with regards to external customers and internal colleagues
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Knowledge of US utility and Solar industry and established base of contacts
- Result-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to ensure timely completion of complex projects to a very high quality standard
- Demonstrated track record of performing under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Available for frequent international travel
- Intercultural work experience and knowledge of French or German language advantageous
- A strong finisher with a can-do attitude
USD 0 - 0
Soitec - 12 months ago
Soitec is an international manufacturing company, a world leader in generating and manufacturing revolutionary semiconductor materials at...