Come grow with us!! At Data Tactics, our vision is to remain a creative, cutting-edge research, development and rapid deployment institution where our shared intellect, hard work, and vanguard for our client’s trust make a positive difference in their success, the security of our country, and the lives of our employees. The Data Tactics team is comprised of industry recognized experts in the field of Enterprise Architecture, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Engineering, System/Software Development, Data/Systems Integration, and Operations & Maintenance (O&M). We offer challenging and exciting opportunities which can advance your technical skills and provide you with compelling career growth. If you’re ready to push yourself and your career to new levels you should consider Data Tactics Corporation, where every day we strive to be the best at what we do!
This position requires an active TS/SCI Clearance
Job Description :
The Information Technology (IT) Project Manager will lead and coordinate technology projects. This includes handling a wide range of technology projects and programs, including application development efforts, systems upgrades and installations, technology outsourcing, IT security initiatives and data center operations. The IT Project Manager will coordinate resources, establish the project governance structure and communicate about the project with additional responsibilities to include creating and maintaining project plans, managing the project budget, mitigating project risks and making sure the project is on track and within budget.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintain familiarity with engineering design concepts being used on projects; monitor and review these concepts for compatibility with current technologies and practices and analyze any potential impact they may have on quality, schedule and cost.
Desired Skills :
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of Project Management or IT Management.
- Minimum 3 years experience coordinating and/supporting IT business processes.
- Program/Product Managers require scheduling and budgeting experience.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled in time, priority and task management
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Leadership skills to assist less experienced personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with technical problems
We were recently ranked as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in the DC Metro Area in 2011 by the Washington Business Journal. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and offer an excellent benefit package, including:
• Competitive wages
• Employer-paid Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance (100% Employer Paid)
• Employer-paid Life Insurance for hazardous duty assignments
• Short and Long Term Disability
• 15 Days Total Paid Time and 9 Paid Holidays
• 401K after 90 days
• Flexible Savings Accounts for Child Care and Health Care
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Development Certification Programs
• Employee Referral Incentives
Data Tactics Corp. - 17 months ago