Are you ready for an exciting career move?
We're a fast moving $15 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year.
We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person’s strengths and maximizes potential.
We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
Facilities & Energy Management
Conducts all day-to-day tasks for new, relocating, closing, and existing stores
as well as more complex long term project management related to assigned utilities trades including but not limited to electric, gas, water, sewer, propane, etc.
Utilizing research and analysis, this position partners with utility companies, service techs, other departments, field management, and stores to identify potential inefficiencies with utilities and methods for improvements that need to be made to lower the cost of utilities required to operate Dollar General facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Develops, analyzes and responds to exception utilities service levels.
Researches exceptions, makes necessary steps to lower ongoing costs through partnering with the utility company, facilities service providers, store and district managers and regional directors and others.
- Researches and identifies root causes of consistent high utility cost issues in assigned trades and presents to manager to avoid issues in the future and reduce overall costs to DG.
- Develops and recommends to director and manager various process improvement steps to increase efficiencies.
Analyzes data, determining trends, and finding better methods to lower the amount of utilities needed to operate our stores.
- Manages rebate process associated with various projects that impact utilities. This includes working with various SSC departments that manage the specific project, utility companies as well as third party companies to determine needed information and requirements to ensure we are eligible for the maximum amount of rebates possible.
- Coordinates day-to-day tasks involved with assigned trades in utilities for traditional and market store locations.
- Ensures that all polices, defined workflows and processes relative to lease compliance or landlord issues, and budgets are followed with the ultimate goal of controlling utilities’ costs, minimizing DG liability and the amount of impact time associated with utilities’ issues.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- General to advanced knowledge of utilities such as electric, gas, water, sewer and propane
- Ability to be a team player and focus on the customer driven initiatives
- Highly organized and advanced office skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, often with conflicting schedules
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of management and external vendors
Bachelor’s degree preferred (preferably with a business emphasis) or technical degree with three to five years relevant work experience.
Previous experience with control systems (such as EMS or building automation systems) preferred.
Compensation will consist of a competitive salary based on your experience, with bonus potential.
OUR BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long term disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Company matched 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Corporate child care and fitness facility
- Fun, values centered work atmosphere
- Corporate casual dress
Dollar General is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...