Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is currently looking for a Utility Worker to join the team.
SUMMARY: Maintain a clean, safe, attractive environment for our guests.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Replenishes supplies such as paper, cleaning products, equipment, fixtures, and fuel for all departments.
- Assists with moving furniture as reasonably requested.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Empties wastebaskets, empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports waste and trash to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies in restrooms and supply closets.
- Cleans main public areas: vacuum, pick up trash, wipe counters, high dust, clean glass windows and doors, etc.
- Retrieves necessary cleaning supplies for departments, fellow cast members, and guests as requested.
- Cleans cast member areas (i.e., break room, back offices, and locker room).
- Throughout the day: dust and mop floor, wash and dry towels, pick up trash and stock dispensers.
- Responds to calls for facility problems: broken glass, spills, toilet backups, etc.
- Transport facilities products and equipment.
- Performs rounds of property to ensure the safety of guests and cast members. Report to the Facility Supervisor any hazardous or threatening condition.
- Assist in emergency situations: fire, emergency evacuation, search, man overboard. Wears fire gear and launches rescue boats if required.
- Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Training skills with every guest and co-worker.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Cast Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Cast Member is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The cast member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s Good To Be PENN!”
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 12 months ago