Job Title: UTS Tech Support Rep 2
Job ID: 264902
Location: US-Utah-Salt Lake City
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Org Marketing Statement
Unisys Technical Services (UTS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Unisys Corporation, a worldwide information technology services and solutions company. UTS provides efficient, cost effective, & creative business solutions to help our clients deliver core business processes. UTS positions include roles in customer support and field operations, and professional roles such as IT consultants.
Finding a fun entry level job with a great growing company can be difficult, but this time you have come to the right place! Unisys Technical Services Salt Lake City, UT offers entry level Full Time and Part Time Technical Support Representative Jobs with career advancement and fulfillment. We offer a fun, fast paced work environment. We offer excellent Compensation, medical benefits and more.
Available Shifts: Full Time and Part Time 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts, Weekends and after hours shifts available
Shift Differentials for 2nd and 3rd shift positions - 8%-10%
Our helpdesk agents are responsible for handling inbound calls from external and internal customers seeking technical support. The types of technical products that we support are both hardware and software related and vary from client to client. We fully train all of our employees in house to handle each type of call.
While on the job, expect to use the latest technology in call center equipment, as well as have access to an endless array of high tech tools, applications and computer based training programs. Dazzle our customers with your keen technical trouble-shooting ability, top-shelf problem solving skills, and your excellent customer service attitude.
Day to Day Work
Technical & Behavioral Skills
- Responsible for providing the first-line of post-sales telephone technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers and/or employees.
- Answers basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products.
- Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support Engineering staff or Field Engineering.
- Typically provides technical support for internal and external customers.
- Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous computer technical support experience preferred. A+, MCP, Dell or other industry identified certifications are preferred.
- Successful candidates should possess basic technical skills in the following areas: PC hardware for workstations and laptops, Network troubleshooting, Windows operating systems, and applications such as Microsoft Office/Outlook products and Lotus Notes/ Smart Suite. MAC HW/SW skills also a plus.
- The ability to communicate effectively both written and oral is imperative, as well as efficient and accurate typing skills.
- An extensive background check is required for this position.
Unisys - 16 months ago
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical...