Alarm.com, a rapidly growing entrepreneurial technology company, is seeking a UX Designer to join our design team. Alarm.com’s applications improve our customers’ day to day living routines, allowing them to interact with and control their homes. We are seeking individuals who have a passion to create the best user applications for both the mobile and web, and are interesting in working on applications that can directly impact the way people live and interact with their homes.
Alarm.com is a leading technology provider in the Connected Home space. With over one million interactive subscribers, our customers rely on the Alarm.com platform to control and interact with the “Internet of Things in their Home” including lights, doors, thermostats, sensors, and appliances. The Alarm.com platform consists of Mobile and Web applications for users to control and monitor their homes, a Smart Communications Controller which connects the home to the cloud, and a Cloud based platform which provides Home Intelligence via a combination of web services and Big Data analytics for the home. The Alarm.com platform enables the most sophisticated solutions for interactivity security, video monitoring, energy management and home automation available on the market today.
The UX Designer’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Working with business and technology teams to define requirements
- Developing wireframes, screen-flow diagrams, UI specifications and interface prototypes
- Assisting in defining interfaces standards
- Evangelizing and advocating for the user experience
- Participating in measuring and assessing usability of deployed applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction
- Ability to find elegant solutions for use cases and design great interfaces
- Experience in user interface design and development
- Experience in prototyping and workflow tools, including Photoshop, Flash, Visio
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within teams
Founded in 2000, Alarm.com is the industry leading technology provider of interactive security, home automation, and energy management solutions. Through advanced wireless monitoring, mobile and web-based services, and a proven hosted services platform, Alarm.com helps protect more than one million residential and commercial customers throughout the United States and Canada. Alarm.com’s products and services are offered exclusively through a network of over 5,000 licensed and authorized Security Dealers. Alarm.com’s headquarters is located in Vienna, VA. For more information, visit www.alarm.com.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Alarm.com, founded in 2000, is a leading technology provider of connected home services, powering well over one million residential and...