BGT Partners is hiring a UX designer to join our User Experience Design Team. We are a fast-paced, award-winning, interactive marketing agency and we’ve been busy working with a variety of fortune 500 clients.
Our User Experience Design team thrives on creativity, innovation, and solving difficult UI challenges in ways that are intuitive, compelling and delightful. You’ll be responsible for designing, defining and delivering an exceptional digital experience for our customers and partners. You will design digital based user interactions which are intuitive to use and you will deliver best-in-class user experiences including developing interactive concepts (lo-fi / high-fi), user –personas, taxonomies, user journeys, process flows, and wire-frames.
That said, we love having fun and have been awarded numerous times for being a “best place to work”. We pride ourselves on maintaining a fun, diverse and open work environment where employees all share a common mission: Forward with Purpose.
What you will do:
What you need to do it:
- Collaborate with others to brainstorm ideas, develop concepts and define project goals, as well as reveal key questions that will assist in enhancing the user experience.
- Create user requirement specifications, including personas, scenarios, task analysis, flowcharts and organization and navigation models, detailed wireframes and other tools to effectively communicate the user experience and user interface/interaction elements.
- Skillfully merge research findings, new ideas, creative innovation, and best practices to generate unique, strategic solutions.
- Define vision and approach for UI design standards in order to ensure a consistent look and feel and annotate and explain guidelines to design and development teams to ensure guidelines are followed at all phases of the project.
- Work with Creative team and UI/Technical Leads to ensure successful implementation of functionality, usability, interface and interaction designs.
- Lead research efforts to understand user needs by creating documentation such as persona creation, heuristics evaluations, usability testing, focus groups and competitor evaluations to create forward-looking, usable and best in class new products.
- Review and interpret analytics data to inform understanding of customer behavior and the site experience.
- Read long bulleted lists like this one without getting dizzy, distressed or discouraged.
· A great portfolio! - one that illustrates your capabilities as a User Interface Designer. Portfolio pieces should include how you framed the problem space, generated a range of alternatives, and arrived at the best solution. Proven track record of designing experiences that delight users.
· Experience designing e-commerce, B2C and B2B websites, web applications and mobile interfaces.
· A Bachelors degree in one of the Design Disciplines or relevant discipline is highly desired.
- Comprehensive understanding of UI design best practices, patterns and intuitive navigational schemes.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign). Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and jQuery. Ability to build interactive prototypes is a plus.
- Ability to construct mid-to-large scale information architectures for large organizations and apply business and customer-level strategies to a user experience.
- Capability to create detailed wireframe schematics and annotate functionality in Adobe InDesign.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to efficiently translate fuzzy client needs into a crystal clear vision.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and multiple deliverables.
- Solid communication and presentation skills, including verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills. Plus we’d prefer that you know how to spel reel gud.
- A thirst for continual improvement, a positive attitude and willingness to participate in the office cookie exchange, even when Ralph brings those mystery cutouts.