Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position:
Costco is looking for a dedicated and experienced UX designer to join its UX team. The User Experience Designer draws from a broad range of UX skills—including information architecture, interaction design, usability engineering, and visual design—to create compelling user interfaces. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver who loves to collaborate with highly motivated subject-matter experts and thrives in a fast-paced agile development environment. This is an opportunity to play a variety of UX roles and have a major influence on the UI design of Costco information systems.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with solution architects, business analysts, process specialist, software developers, business users, and other stakeholders to design exceptional user experiences for multiple products concurrently
- Solve complex design problems through a user centered design process that accounts for user goals, business requirements, and development needs
- Use a variety of methods to document design decisions including sketches, process flows, wireframes, and interactive simulations
- Employ visually interesting and functional simulations to help users explore and understand proposed business solutions
- Plan and conduct user research activities such as heuristic reviews, interviews, and surveys to understand the needs of users
- Plan and execute usability tests and report results back to the team
- Analyze and evaluate current user interfaces and propose usability improvements
- Participate in all UX team activities, including maintenance and enhancements to the UX style guide and interaction pattern library
- Prototype and wireframe user interactions for client validation
- Create, maintain, and enforce the UI standards and documentation
- Ensure consistent user interfaces
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- 3+ years of experience as an UX Designer wireframing and prototyping user interactions
- 3+ years' experience working with design related software such as iRise, Axure, Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator,
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Experience planning and facilitating user research and usability tests
- Have a customer-centric focus in design decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Be innovative, enthusiastic, flexible and creative
- Have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, and solve problems quickly.
- Be able to drive cross-team collaboration efforts
- Be able to work independently to establish trusted relationships with partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Previous experience designing user interfaces in an enterprise environment.
- Experience applying visual design guidelines consistently across multiple products.
- Experience creating wireframes and simulations in iRise.
- Ability to lead design sessions involving diverse project stakeholders.
- Degree in interaction design, human computer interaction, human factors, or other design-related field, or equivalent professional experience
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...