Synacor is the country's leading provider of premium service delivery platforms and private-label portals that enable Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to easily bundle a wide variety of free and subscription-only value-added services into their Internet offering. We are looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of development - someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what’s new and what’s current!
As a key member of the Solutions Engineering Design team you will be responsible for the development and execution of both high end creative solutions and interaction design concepts for our leading-edge Web based solutions and software. You will apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class experiences for leading companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create high end visual UI designs for Internet and front-end applications
• Consults with client and supervisor to evaluate individual project needs
• Utilizes various graphical software tools and technologies to transform graphical concepts into specific digital images online
• Modifies and implements designs generated by others to ensure quality products.
• Prepares and presents final layout and suggests improvements as needed to supervisor or client for approval
• Aggressively keep up to date of any industry-wide changes in design philosophy and any new tools and technologies being used for the Internet
• Collaborates with Web developers on Web design and delivery of graphical content to end users
• Present comps to team members, constituents, and stake holders; back up and defend design rational
• Manage and execute final concept thru completion of project
• Develop and define design standards in form of style guides
• Create and/or contribute to the production of user interface production documentation such as personas, scenarios, use cases, and wireframe drawings.
• Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing approaches to design and design’s place within the engineering process
• Bachelor's degree preferred in design-related discipline: Graphic Design, Information or Interface design, Human-Computer Interaction, Communication Design
• 3+ years of industry experience.
• Strong design skills focusing on user interface, typography, layout, color, and navigation
• Must have proven design experience working on UI
• Experience designing mobile interfaces a plus
• Proficient to expert in: Photoshop and Illustrator
• Working knowledge of HTML, xHTML, CSS, and web standards
• Knowledge of the Internet environment
• Experience working with information architects in translating wireframes, site maps, functional specifications, and branding requirements into a working site
• Must have a strong portfolio containing examples of professional design work with an emphasis on web/software design
• A strong ''can do'' attitude and flexibility, and a commitment to creative excellence in the face of changing priorities and requirements
• Candidates must be well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques. Usability testing experience or focus group testing experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams.
What we’ll bring to the table :
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependent
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 19 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...