UserTesting.com needs a UX Designer to help us deliver on our brand promise: "Eliminate bad user experiences from the world." We're a fast-growing start-up in Mountain View (right off 101) in our 7th year of business. As you probably guessed from our name, we do … drum roll … user testing! More specifically, remote user testing. We’ve built a large panel of people who are available on-demand to test websites and mobile apps. Now we’ve become an important part of the product development process for companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Walmart, Groupon, Twitter, and lots more. We’re looking for smart, fun, and effective people to join our team. You’ll be joining our Product team, led by our Co-Founders and Product Managers, who are all pretty great.
We need you to uncover what our users are thinking and turn those insights into features and designs that connect user needs with business goals. You’ll need to be able to communicate design insights, strategies, and ideas clearly and effectively.
You’ll get to work on lots of different features and products through their entire life-cycle: customer research, competitive analysis, product definition, launch, and beyond. You’ll occasionally have to work independently, but usually you’ll be collaborating closely with all kinds of stakeholders, product managers, front-end engineers, UX researchers, and other designers (luckily, everyone’s super nice).
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- Passion for creating powerful products that inspire and delight users
- Deep understanding of various user research methods and their value
- Lots of experience with Omnigraffle and Google docs
- Ability to work on several different projects simultaneously
- Interest in joining a fast-moving, agile and lean startup culture.
- Portfolio of work across various platforms
- Experience collaborating successfully with others as part of a team
- An awesome portfolio of wireframes, personas, user flows, etc.
- A strong interest in content strategy and information architecture
- Strong and clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Energy and focus, but with the ability to stay calm and enjoy work
- Fluency in HTML and CSS
Bonus points for:
- A good sense of humor (we are quite hilarious)
- Familiar with our product and competitive space
- Experience working with tight turnaround times
- Strong opinions about the future of technology and design
If you're interested in working with us, please send a link to your portfolio and anything else you think would be helpful for us to know about.