Title: UX Researcher
IHS is looking for a passionate UX Researcher responsible for inspiring and informing product design by gathering and studying information about users' needs, behaviors, attitudes and emotions. In this role, you will provide thought leadership and insight to business through user-centered design best practices, while always putting the user at the center of all designs. The ideal candidate will be a methodical researcher and a creative thinker able to unserstand user needs, generate innovative product ideas, work with aggressive timelines, collaborate with product managers, visual design, and technical teams and focus on customer validation and input to the design process.
General Job Duties:
Specific Job Duties:
- Participate in product design by gathering and studying information about users' needs, behaviors, attitudes and emotions.
- Monitor aspects of the user experience and makes recommendations for solutions as needed to satisfy user/business requirements.
- Ensure products comply with industry standards and best practices for usability design and HCI.
- Build consensus with stakeholders to ensure that design and business goals are balanced with user needs
- Advocate for the end user
- Perform other duties as required.
- Design and conduct user experience research throughout the product development process, reporting on results and analysis
- Produce and communicate necessary research deliverables, including personas, usability test results, surveys, task flows, across a cross-functional team
- Collaborate on all interaction design efforts including creation, revision, and presentation of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and requirements specifications.
- Initiates and leads requirements gathering by working with business stakeholders, technology leads, and customers.
- Validates workflows, interactions, and functionality with customers and incorporates feedback into designs.
- Analyzes data from multiple sources and synthesizes it in order to develop efficient user experiences.
- Develops competitive assessments and performs heuristic reviews and work flow analysis.
- Defines UX performance metrics (error rate, abandon rate, average number of clicks, perceived ease of use, etc.) for every product to track its success.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction or similar area of study. Minimum of three years of related experience.
- Preferred a graduate degree in Psychology, Interaction Design, Information Design, Interface design, Human-Computer Interaction or similar area of study
- Demonstrated experience conducting user research for complex web applications.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of usability testing and user research experience working on interactive websites and/or rich internet applications.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Experience with onsite and remote usability testing tools, such as Keynote or UserZoom, Morae is a plus.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Solid comprehension of user-centered information design, UI best practices, and human factors.
- Understanding of current web UI technologies and their design opportunities and limitations.
Physical Requirements: Indicate any physical requirements, other than normal office activity, which are essential to performing this job.
- Excellent project management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and ever-changing priorities, all while keeping team members informed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to use Axure (or similar products) to create wireframes, click-through prototypes, and UI specification documents will be a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow up*
US-Texas-Houston - Westheimer
IHS - 17 months ago