Uganda Program Coordinator
Job ID: : 26382
Department: : CDP
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
HealthPartners has a new opportunity for a Program Coordinator in the International Development department to help support the Uganda Health Cooperative work. The Uganda Health Cooperative is a community-owned system of prepaid health care designed to improve the health of its members. Services include the treatment and prevention of malaria, maternal and newborn care. The UHC currently has more than 6,000 members, 12 health care providers and 29 groups spread across the most remote areas of the Uganda. This position supports implementation and achievement of goals and objectives for HealthPartners international development projects. The position includes administrative, operational and financial responsibilities.
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
HealthPartners 8170 Bloomington Office Building
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least one year of international business or development experience
- At least 3 years of experience successfully managing cross cultural communication
- The position requires the ability to learn from technical resource manuals
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and see activities through to achieve results
- Comfortable with a high degree of change
- Strong math skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience in Statistics and data analysis preferred
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID #26382.
- Collects and tracks staff monthly reports.
- Tracks monthly progress toward program indicators.
- Reviews expense reporting to ensure adherence to policy and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Cross references travel schedules with transportation logs and activity reports.
- Cross checks overseas spending with approved budgets.
- Assists with writing reports and work plans.
- Edits reports, grant applications and presentations.
- Builds staff skills to develop presentations.
- Supports development of tracking tools for data collection and consolidation.
- Coordinates national and international travel schedules and logistics.
- Assists with the development of culturally appropriate training plans and tools.
- Supports development of behavior change communication tools.
- Coordinates HealthPartners staff support for project interventions; collecting time sheets, communicating needs and sharing results.
- Performs other duties as assigned by director.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners - 15 months ago