ULTI-PRO PAYROLL COORDINATOR
Location: HOUSTON, TX (CORPORATE OFFICE)
# of Openings: 1
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for an experienced UltiPro Payroll Coordinator to provide administrative support for multi-state domestic payrolls, including functions such as recording hours of work, processing time records, compiling payroll statistics, maintaining payroll control records and calculating payrolls, and ensuring timeliness, accuracy and compliance with company policy and with government regulations and tax codes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, review and/or record payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, 401(k), medical premiums and other withholdings from time sheets and other records.
- Review and approve payroll deductions.
- Ensure that new or changed payroll data is accurately entered into the payroll system in a timely manner.
- Respond to employee questions in a timely manner. Counsel employees on payroll issues and ensure that they understand deductions and/or garnishments.
- Balance payroll on a weekly basis creating journal entries for month end.
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions and other reports required by managers, Corporate or governmental entities.
- Obtain updates on governmental regulations affecting payroll.
- Training to keep abreast of new technology, industry trends and practices to improve efficiency.
- Plan and coordinate payroll related special projects related to improving accuracy, efficiency and workflow.
- Review weekly, bi-weekly and monthly generated reports and verify accuracy. Perform checks and balances and makes corrections as needed. Prepare a variety of reports on an as needed basis for management. Run ad-hoc reports.
- Train and cross-train with others in department as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- High school diploma or GED, plus additional specialized courses or Associates Degree in related field.
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of payroll concepts, practices, procedures and systems obtained through either college courses or equivalent commercial experience.
- Directly related UltiPro Software payroll processing experience. Ability to utilize and coordinate UltiPro Software payroll, and/or human resources information systems.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and email.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and recommend efficient and effective solutions to problems.
- Above average organization & communication skills required to interact with and resolve issues for multiple internal, external & executive contacts.
- Effective written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose written communications.
- Must be able to work effectively with interruptions.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis.
- Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching.
- Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan.
To be considered for this position, apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center at www.totalsafety.com . Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY NON-SOLICITED RECRUITING SOURCES