The function of the Ultrasound Level II Technician is to inspect the quality of welded joints in metallic materials. The position is a key element for serving our customer base, thus making the position very demanding with full responsibility and accountability for its effectiveness in achieving our overall goal of supplying excellent Quality. In addition, the position demands controls and procedures to ensure products are consistently built and shipped to meet Customer specifications and requirements, including on time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive equipment
- Conduct inspection to ensure quality, detect discontinuities using ultrasonic equipment.
- Accurate process of paperwork and test results
- Conduct training and guidance for Level I inspectors
- Verification of product to specification
- Maintenance of inspection tools and equipment
- Ability to accurately use all measuring devices
- Ability to read blueprints and have an understanding of lean manufacturing practices and cost effectiveness
- Reviews and stays abreast with NDT requirements, and updates
- Responsible for all aspects of NDT related records
- Assist with any other projects as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a 40 hour accredited Ultrasound Inspection Level I and 40 Level II course.
- On the job training experience equivalent to 1200 hours that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in SNT-TC-1A .
- Additional education in quality related courses and problem solving techniques (i.e. Statistical Process Control, good manufacturing practices and Statistical Quality Control).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, and can effectively use e-mail.
- Ability to follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental, and/or infectious control standards
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, or via e-mail, co-workers and subordinates as a representative of the company
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in quality applications
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to interpret and analyze informational needs, and provide technical advice and guidance in area of specialty.
- Ability to demonstrate proper operation of tools, instruments, equipment and work aids used in performing quality related tasks.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 2 years ago