Works under the supervision of the Radiology Clinical Manager and the general direction of the Director of Radiology. Perform all diagnostic, surgical and interventional ultrasound procedures.
Performs and/or assists in performing procedures by following physician orders. Assists the radiologist/radiation oncologist and other referring physicians perform ultrasound guided special procedures, including procedures in the surgical suite. Provides appropriate information to patient and family during exams to provide a calming influence throughout the study. Performs all quality control procedures required, including surveys, quality control tests and other procedures required by federal regulations and the medical physicist. Participates in call as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform on-call duties. When possible, will be scheduled for a particular shift, but may be required to work at any time for the department needs.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with patients, families, visitors, Physicians and co-workers.
- Attention to minute detail.
- Ability to calculate and interpret numbers.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Graduate of an approved program in Ultrasound Technology.
- Eligibility for ARDMS or ARRT registry in ultrasound
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 16 months ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...