The Ultrasonographer is responsible for the operation of diagnostic ultrasound equipment for the performance of all dynamic ultrasound imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring direct supervision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Obtains scans per physician orders in an efficient, timely manner, according to departmental policy and procedures.
- Prepares, utilizes and operates ultrasound equipment and rooms according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Checks equipment for proper functioning prior to patient examination.
- Greets patients politely and efficiently.
- Explains exams or procedures to patient and/or family in a logical manner. Gathers and records patient history. Assesses patient’s ability to withstand procedure.
- Obtains, reviews and completes patient consent forms prior to starting procedures when applicable.
- Seeks out Interpreter Services if needed.
- Perform sonographic examinations using equipment and techniques specific to the modality, anatomy, pathology, physiology and area of interest requested.
- Follows sterile techniques according to hospital policy.
- Dates, labels and marks images and sends to PACS.
- Keeps licensure, certification and registrations current via continuing education credits or other requirements.
- Presents cases to a radiologist for review.
- Rotates through call schedule as required.
Job duties for all positions:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the HealthAlliance Three Pillars: Finance, Quality, and Service Excellence.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance Hospitals and serve as a role model for the CARES- It Happens Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, an organized, clean, safe work environment.
- Actively contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee populations. Supports and encourages diverse points of view, work and lifestyles.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, basic principles of diagnostic medical ultrasound, patient care and preparation, legal and ethical aspects of ultrasonographic practice, departmental protocols, and diagnostic protocols.
- Outstanding oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to explain procedures and results to patients while keeping them relaxed and comfortable.
- Ability to operate ultrasound scanning equipment and probes.
- Ability to position and immobilize patient on examining table.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Completion of and graduation from a formal ultrasound technology program in an AMA-approved school.
A minimum of 2 years clinical ultrasound experience preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC. :
Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or eligible. Must have and keep current CPR certification.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
- Refer a friend to this job
HealthAlliance Hospital - 10 months ago