Compassionate care defines the healthcare experience and the commitment of the people of Emerus . From a wide variety of medical care, and across different brands, a patient-centered approach is what defines and drives this company specializing in the delivery of emergency medical and inpatient care. A network of licensed hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms provides convenient access for patients of all ages and acuity levels. Under its flagship brand or through partnerships with large healthcare systems, Emerus puts its focus on the complete patient experience through the hard work of dedicated physicians and experienced nursing and clinical staff committed to providing the kind of efficient, compassionate care they would want for their own families. Emerus is based in The Woodlands, Texas, north of the thriving metropolis of Houston. More information is available at emerus.com.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of imaging procedures, specializing in diagnostic medical ultrasound imaging.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide supportive patient care to assist the nurses and physicians in meeting the needs of individual patients throughout assigned areas
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients
- Practice medical and surgical aseptic procedures
- Assess patient’s understanding of process and informed consent of invasive procedures
- Perform all quality control checks, as prescribed
- Maintain accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
- Perform highest quality imaging consistent with prescribed examination; documents and deviation
- Understand and practice proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer’s instruction
- Provide care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and general population
- Assist in training personnel in the care and use of ultrasound equipment
- Assist in maintaining PACS
- Collect, report and document data related to patient needs/emergencies and unusual patient and family behavior
Other Job Functions:
- Maintain patient care areas with appropriate supplies
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Travel to all facility locations as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, required
- Graduate of a school accredited by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or equivalent, required
- Ability to work an on-call schedule, required
Baylor Emergency Medical Center - 17 months ago