Provides health care services, applying sonic energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Performs ultrasonic imaging and related procedures in one of the following areas: OB/GYN, abdomen, neurosonology, and/or ophthalmology. Performs ultrasonic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate vascular anatomy after training offers and is needed and directed by department. Demonstrates anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention by or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. Communicates pertinent information to physicians and other health care professionals.
THIS IS A PRN (16HRS PER PAY PERIOD) POSITION FOR 12 WEEKS
DIANOSITC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures.
documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner.
- Corroborates patient's clinical history with procedure, assuring information is
results, gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
- Prepares patient for procedures, providing instructions to obtain desired
- Selects and operates ultrasound equipment and associated devices to achieve
respecting patient ability and comfort.
- Positions patient and equipment to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest,
area of interest.
- Immobilizes patient as required for appropriate examination.
- Determines ultrasonic frequencies and appropriate transducers for the anatomic
- Evaluates images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is
interventional procedures, needle localizations, aspirations, biopsies and
- Verifies informed consent for and assists a licensed practitioner with
patients during procedures.
- Practices aseptic techniques as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for provision of physical and psychological needs of
of patients during procedures.
- Exercises precautions in patient applications, respecting the biological needs
prepares, identifies, and/or administers contrast media and/or medications as
- Understands methods and is capable of performing venipunctures.
- In agreement with state statute(s) and/or where institutional policy permits,
prescribed by a licensed practitioner.
- Initiates basic life support action when necessary.
- Assumes call responsibility as directed by Service Area Manager.
- Provides patient education.
- Assists in maintaining records, respecting confidentiality and established policy.
responsible for specific quality control duties in the assigned area.
- Documents pertinent information as applicable.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area and reports equipment malfunction.
- Provides practical instruction for students and/or health care professionals.
- Participates in the department's quality assessment and improvement plan. May be
items. May purchase supplies for area of responsibility.
- May be responsible for control of inventory care and control of specific ultrasound
- Maintains knowledge of and observes Universal Precautions.
- Understands and applies patient relation skills.
- Pursues appropriate continuing education.
DIAGNOSTICE MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Radiology or related health field/management
Master's degree Preferred
Graduate of a Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) accredited sonography program or equivalent.
Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in OB/GYN,abdomen, neurosonology and/or ophthalmology, or equivalent, or registry eligible.
RPSGT. Must have background in medical terminology.
Benefits and Compensation:
403B Retirement Plan
Discounted Health Insurance for Wellness Participants
Life Insurance paid by employer if participating in the group health insurance plan
Paid Time Off (PTO), which includes holidays, vacation, and personal days
Short Term Disability
Air Evac Discounts
Sams Club Discounts
Boston Mutual Life Insurance
Discounts on Verizon and AT&T cell phone plans
CareerBuilder Related Keywords: Ultrasound, Ultrasound Technician, Sonographer