Basin Healthcare Center is a General Medical/Surgical hospital in Odessa, TX.
We currently have an opportunity for a Part-Time Ultrasound Technician to be responsible for all aspects involved in the Ultrasound department. This person will be responsible for evaluating appropriate ultrasound technique, proper selection, utilization of ultrasound probes, and ensuring comprehensive ultrasound imaging of the appropriate anatomical structures as per the physician's order.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preform the full range of diagnostic Ultrasound procedures as per the established protocols
- Perform and evaluate ultrasound images providing accurate documentation and images of procedure(s) results
- Communicate pertinent information to the Radiologist regarding the procedure & findings
- Demonstrate competence in utilizing all imaging support equipment to include transducers, multi-format cameras, printers, RIS and PACS systems
- Maintains inventory of all required procedure supplies
- Maintains exams rooms, patient's waiting room and work area in clean, orderly, and safe condition
- Comprehensively explains the ultrasound process and procedure to the patient and answers any questions regarding the procedure
- Accurately operates all functions of the RIS system to include entering orders and charging of all procedures
- Displays superior interpersonal skills with patients and peers
- Attends all required safety training programs
- Maintains proper working condition of all equipment
- Maintains competencies in all Ultrasound and all diagnostic x-ray procedures
- Assists in all areas of the Imaging department when not performing Ultrasound procedures
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous hospital environment
- Technologist must be registered and in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT). ***PREFERRED***
- Technologist must be registered and in good standing with the ARDMS with credentialing in physics, vascular, abdominal and breast preferred.
- Maintains certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
No third party recruiters.
***Qualified candidates can submit their resume and direct questions to Tina Lyle at email@example.com or call (432)362-9931.
Nueterra - 12 months ago
Nueterra Healthcare provides development and management of single and multi-specialty ambulatory surgery centers, specialty hospitals and...