UMBRELLA RENEWAL UNDERWRITER
Reviews and analyzes underwriting data for a select group of umbrella/excess renewals; and manages the renewal process, including coverage evaluation, pricing, and policy issuance.
• Analyze, evaluate and process renewal accounts including the triage, information solicitation, pricing, quoting, binding, issuing, and documentation.
• Contact brokers through written and verbal communication on assigned renewals.
• Evaluate underwriting information contained in supplemental applications, loss information data, D&B and other financial reports; OSHA reports, Safer reports and risk meter reports and website information.
• Provide instruction to operations staff for quotes, policy booking and policy issuance.
• Follow up service work on retained renewals, including evaluation of underlying policies, forms, and subjectivities.
• Work within guidelines as defined by authority letter grants, line of business guidelines, state regulation requirements and C&F service standards.
• Responsible for meeting renewal retention ratio goals, commission ratio goals, loss ratio goals, file documentation and service standards.
• Work in conjunction with underwriting staff to promote company products.
• Assist PLM and Senior Underwriters in special projects and assignments.
• 5 years experience in commercial insurance.
• Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
• Strong communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
• Proficient in various Microsoft software applications, including experience working in a paperless environment.
• College degree and/or Insurance Institute designations preferred.
Crum & Forster - 4 months ago