Guards industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties.
- Trained and qualified to work assigned post. Understands the specific and general post instructions for that assigned post. Has practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Periodically patrols buildings and grounds of industrial plant, commercial establishment, or work site.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Performs janitorial duties and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- Tends furnace or boiler.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at access points to maintain orderly flow.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six (6) months related experience and/or training.
Language Skills: Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Applicable state unarmed security officer license. Valid driver's license.
Other Qualifications: None, except as post instructions require.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walden Security - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Walden Security is something of a right-hand man -- or in this case, woman -- to businesses and government. Majority owned and operated by...